Spicy Lime White Bean Chili
This flavorful Spicy Lime White Bean chili will knock your socks off it is so good. Pair this with crackers or homemade cornbread.
This flavorful chili will knock your socks off it is so good. Pair this with crackers or homemade cornbread.
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled, diced
- Mixture of diced orange, green, & yellow bell pepper
- 3 Jalapeno peppers, seeded, diced
- 2 Tbs Garlic
- 2 Tbs Cumin seeds toasted *see below how to toast the seeds*
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 cups cooked great northern beans
- 3 cups Trader Joe's low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste, (optional)
- Place the sweet onion, bell pepper mixture, and jalapeno in a large skillet (or sauce pan) and saute over medium-high heat until onions are close to opaque.
- Add 1 to 2 Tbs of water to keep the vegetables from sticking.
- Meanwhile, take a small skillet and add the 2 Tbs of cumin seeds. Stir constantly and cook until you smell an aroma or when they are brown (but not burnt).
- Add the toasted cumin seeds and garlic to the vegetables that are cooking. Cook for at least 2 minutes.
- Add your beans, tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Once added reduce to medium heat and cook (covered) for 25 minutes (or until they are cooked thoroughly).
- Last, add the lime juice, cilantro, and salt (to taste).