Raw Strawberry Cheesecake
Eating healthy means serving your favorite dessert just in a healthier way. Try this Raw Strawberry Cheesecake next time you are in the mood for sweets.
Eating healthy means serving your favorite desserts by choosing healthier ingredients. Try this "Cheesecake" and you will never go back to the regular dairy-filled cheesecake.
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cup Unsalted almonds
- Pinch coarse sea salt
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
For the filling
- 3 cups cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2/3cups melted organic unrefined coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup strawberries
- Soak the cashews in water overnight. Drain the water and set aside.
- Place the almonds and sea salt in a high speed blender (with grind setting otherwise use a food processor) and 'grind' roughly. Add the dates and process until the mixture is uniform and sticks together. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of a 9” glass pie pan.
- Use a high speed blender to blend cashews, sea salt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, & agave nectar thoroughly, until silky smooth.
- Pour just more than half of the filling mixture into the glass pie pan. Use an inverted spatula to smooth it over. Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer to let this layer set.
- Add the strawberries into the remaining filling mixture, and blend. Set it aside in a bowl while the first layer is setting. Once the first layer has been in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer, spread the strawberry layer over the plain vanilla layer. Place the cheesecake into the freezer and let it sit for two hours or longer before slicing and serving.
If you tried this recipe out, let us know what you think of it.