Hello October, and welcome pumpkin recipes with open arms. To start this Fall season off right, why not make Pumpkin Waffles with added protein for that morning run or walk. Try the recipe and let us know what you think. This recipe was inspired by Lovely Little Kitchen: Pumpkin Spice Waffles.
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil, melted or liquid form
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 egg separated, or egg replacement for vegans
- 1/4 cup of Almondmilk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup GNC Total Lean Vegan Powder, vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (1/4 tsp) salt
- Preheat waffle iron. Prep all ingredients before mixing.
- Mix together the following ingredients: coconut oil, coconut sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolk and almondmilk.
- Stop mixing, then add the pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and the butter extract.
- In a separate bowl, mixed together the flour, vegan powder, baking powder and salt. ***Salt is used to enhance/balance the flavors***
- Turn on your mixer to the "stir" setting, slowly added the flour mixture. I like to do 1/4 or 1/3 cup at a time. Stir until mixture is well blended. Try not to over blend. There is such a thing.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until it becomes a fluffy consistency. Pour into the mixture and stir until it's blended well.
- Use 1/2 to 3/4 cups of mixture and pour onto the waffle iron. I used a 3/4 cup which yielded 2 waffles.
- Serve the finished (cooked) waffle with butter, maple syrup, and sprinkle a little cinnamon for garnishment. For added nutrients and/or protein: use walnuts, pecans, or almond silvers to garnish with as well.
Hope you enjoy!!