Cream of Asparagus
Vegan friendly cream of asparagus soup that pairs well with Pinot Grigio wine.
Cream of Asparagus soup
This vegan friendly cream of asparagus soup is deeeeeeelicious! Pairs well with Pinot Grigio wine; for all of our wine lovers out there.
- 1 pack of Trader Joe's Asparagus (or 1 lb)
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbs. vegan butter (or full fat butter)
- 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup soy creamer (or heavy cream)
- Use a large saucepan. Add the asparagus, onion, and 1 cup of broth. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Once it starts to boil, Cover.
- Simmer the asparagus by uncovering the saucepan until asparagus is tender.
- Pour the mixture into a Vitamix blender. Blend until the asparagus & onion mixture is pureed. Set this aside.
- In the large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, Himalayan salt, and pepper. Stir mixture for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup of vegetable broth. Cook until it starts to boil.
- Next, stir in your pureed vegetables and the soy creamer.