Black Bean Nacho Salad
Try this black bean nacho salad for your meatless monday idea.
Last night was nacho night. Did a little experiment that came to mind...And it was a success. Try this recipe out and let us know what you think of it. Vuala!
- 1 - Can of Black Beans, rinsed
- 1 to 2 - Cups of Brown Rice
- Tortilla chips
- Spinach leaves
- 2 - Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 - Red onion, diced
- Salsa (fresh or store bought), topping
- Cilantro, garnish
- Pour off juices from black beans. Put beans in a colander and rinse until all juices are gone.
- Cook black beans and rice in a pot over a medium-high heat. Season as desired. Cook until rice is done.
- Make bed of tortilla chips, amount you desire, on a plate. Top the tortilla chips with the spinach leaves, shred them.
- The rice and bean mixture will go on top of the spinach leaves.
- Next add the tomatoes, onions, and salsa. Garnish with cilantro.